Crowne Plaza Arlington Hotel
2700 E. Lamar Blvd., Arlington, TX 76011.
Full Job Descriptions are available upon request. Must be at least 18 years of age.
The Crowne Plaza Arlington Hotel is an EOE, Drug Free Workplace.
Send resume for current job openings to
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform routine maintenance throughout the property, to include painting, caulking, carpet/floor cleaning, etc.
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, including the repair and/or replacement of air conditioning units.
- Perform minor repairs and/or replacements of room furniture, fixtures, and equipment, including television sets, light fixtures, etc.
- Resolve work orders reported in a timely manner while Sensing and Responding to guestroom needs.
- Clean and maintain the hotel’s exterior areas and public spaces, to include the swimming pool, parking lot, and all other aspects pertaining to the hotel’s overall landscape and curb appeal.
- Protect Company assets by properly securing tools, equipment and supplies.
- Report requests for major repairs to the Maintenance Manager in accordance with hotel procedures. Ensure proper usage and organization of supplies, tools, carts, and store rooms.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer at least one (1) year of related general repair experience.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical and/or other general repair skills.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills. . Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with different types of personalities.
- Must have sound judgment and discretionary skills and work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to consistently work under pressure and simultaneously prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain valid, current and non-probationary driver’s license if required to operate hotel shuttle/van.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays is required
Work Area: All areas of facility.
What we offer: In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself. So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Pay: $12.50 – $13.50 per hour
Crowne Plaza Arlington is currently looking for a Line Cook who will be responsible for pre-preparation, station set up, preparation and service to order of menu items that will be cooked as ordered by customer. Menu item preparation can include any hot food, cold food and baked items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the Crowne Plaza Hotel philosophy and ²Vision² statement.
- Prepares ingredients & sets up station prior to scheduled meal service.
- Quickly prepares all assigned menu items food products as ordered
- Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and prepares and presents foods as ordered.
- Anticipates orders during peak service time to assure timely preparation and service while minimizing over-production and waste.
- Properly presents all food items and to provide maximum appeal, quality, temperature, and freshness.
- Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule using ‘clean as you go’ approach. Completes assigned equipment and station cleaning schedule.
- Ensures communication with fellow culinary team members and service staff for timing of preparation of menu items.
- Assures proper portioning, plating, temperature, garnishing and presentation of food items.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with all food service staff, supervisors. Listens effectively and responds appropriately to feedback.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated experience in a cook-to-order, quick service dining environment. Ability to complete duties in a fast paced kitchen while performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to organize and set-up assigned station in a timely manner prior to meal service, and complete menu item production for assigned meal period.
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of safe food handling.
- Knowledge and demonstrated practice of maintaining a clean and sanitary work station. Completes cleaning assignments.
- Must be able to work from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm – on special city events until 1am
- Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
AM and PM shift available
Part Time and Full Time positions available
About us At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
- Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
- Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
- Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful. Your day to day
- Alert Outlet Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed.
- PEOPLE – Prepare food and beverages for service to hotel guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards.
- GUEST EXPERIENCE – Greet all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner.
- RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS – Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary.
- Perform side-work, and any other opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift.
- Greet and welcome our guests and promptly serve them food and beverages.
- Pour drinks, using standard pour according to specifications, receive and process orders in the POS system with accuracy.
- Serve food and drinks to guests, along with filling orders for the servers.
- Notify a manager if a guest is becoming intoxicated or rude to other guests.
- Fill and clean ice bins, clean and empty trash cans, change kegs, stock beer and wine coolers.
- Clean shelving, stainless steel, mixers, cups, blenders, and soda guns.
- Follow uniform and grooming specifications.
- Maintain cooperative communication with support crew and management.
- Unpack deliveries and stock the bar.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Crowne Plaza Hotel. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job post at times, as we all do.
- Basic reading and writing.
- Food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the restaurant
- Handling food objects; plates, trays, glasses, etc.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, wait staff, cooks, and supervisor.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
- Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself. So, what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $7.00 – $13.00 per hour
Do you see yourself as a Human Resources Coordinator / Accounting Clerk? What’s your passion? Whether you’re into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we’re looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts we love to help our guests reach their personal business goals – one after the other – and accelerate their journey to success. We do this by combining the best facilities with great service so our guests feel productive, accomplished and re- energized during their trip.
Our hotel boasts over 8,000 square feet of event space, ranging from boardrooms for 10, to a ballroom for 200 and 200 guest rooms.
Human Resources Coordinator / Accounting Clerk $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
Job Duties – Human Resources
- Assists with new hire paperwork and conduct new hire onboarding
- Participate in local job fairs and community outreach on behalf of the hotel
- Assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues
- Assist with applicant background checks
- Create and maintain new hire and personnel files
- Maintain all filling systems to ensure organization and confidentiality
- Support maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality and security of employee and property records, files and information (interview documents, I-9’s, etc.)
- Respond to questions, requests and concerns from employees and assist in resolution of issues and report all employee relations issues to General Manager.
- Create employee recognition events and promote positive workplace culture
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager Job Duties – Accounting Clerk
- Main responsibility will be general accounting duties and functions in areas of need within the Finance Department.
- Assist in handling customer and vendor inquiries in a timely efficient manner, including but not limited to researching and resolving customer issues as well as vendor requests.
- Assist with reconciling vendor statements and solving discrepancies.
- Daily cash over short reconciliation, reporting and follow up.
- Perform Daily Income Audit and posting of daily journals and adjustments as needed.
- Accounts receivable billing and payment posting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Hotel Controller. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- This position will have access to confidential information, and it is imperative that they always maintain confidentiality.
- Polished and professional appearance and demeanor in person, online and via phone. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint; computer literate.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- 2 years of experience in customer service, human resources, or related professional area.
- Interest and passion for maintaining a positive workplace culture
- Previous hotel accounting experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets, both building and maintaining.
- Good time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time
$14.00 – $16.00 per hour
The Front Desk is often the first point of contact and the first impression for guests. Warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us. To deliver a great guest experience – a Front Desk Agent will check in and out guests efficiently, and make sure they have all they need for a great stay.
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner recognizing IHG Rewards Club Members and also returning guests
- Check guests in, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location
- Ensure required identification is taken from guests at check-in in line with local legislative requirements
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize hotel revenue
- Answer, record and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions or concerns
- Record guest preferences in the system
- Check guests out, including resolving any late or disputed charges
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions using established procedures
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes in line with hotel procedures
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines
- Follow established hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behavior to the supervisor or manager on duty
Equinox Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time must be flexible to work AM or PM shift, weekends and holidays.
Part Time must be flexible to work Saturday and Sundays; AM or PM shifts.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $11.00 per hour