Arlington, TX 76011.
If you’re looking for a purpose and not just a job, join the Smoothie King team and turn your purpose into a fulfilling passion!
Since pioneering the first nutritional Smoothie franchise in 1973, our mission has always been to inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle. Now, with over 1100 stores and counting, we have been ranked as the #1 Fastest-Growing concept in its category and #14 on Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Franchise 500” list in 2020! We’ve grown to become the largest nutritional Smoothie bar in the nation, with a simple recipe for success: Hire the best people, use the best ingredients and blend with a purpose!
As a dynamic, rapidly growing company, we are looking for a purpose-driven Team Member to join our expanding team and become an ultimate ambassador of our brand. You will help Guests meet their fitness and nutrition goals by assisting them to help select smoothies and retail products that inspire them to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. The successful candidate will be passionate about the business and demonstrate willingness to take on new challenges.
At Smoothie King, when we say inspire people, we mean everyone. We champion a diverse and inclusive workforce that is representative of the guests we serve. We blend the unique members of our organization, celebrating what is both common and different to grow better together and Rule the Day. The foundation of our diversity efforts is closely tied to our core values, which includes “We Are Better Together” and “We Do the Right Thing”. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, or medical condition or disability. If you are a person with a disability and you need assistance in applying for a position with Smoothie King, please call our Human Resources Department at 214-935-8900 and direct assistance will be provided.
Full Job Descriptions are available upon request. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Greets and engages the Guest to provide a friendly experience.
- Demonstrates a “Guest comes first” attitude.
- Ensures Guests purpose is met when smoothies are ordered.
- Blends smoothies according to the recipe ticket for a consistent taste.
- Encourages upselling at the point of sale (POS).
- Supports and adheres to company standards for operations, marketing/communications, and brand identity.
- Properly prep all fruits, vegetables, frozen items, powders, and liquids.
- Perform opening and/or closing duties as designated.
- Perform store checklist tasks accordingly.
- Shows up on time and ready to work.
Specific Job Requirements
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – you are energized by working with people, both guests and your team.
- An eye for detail – you know that the little things, be it cleanliness, or the extra touch can make all the difference.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values, and mission of Smoothie King.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work the hours needed to run the store effectively, which might include a variety of days, evenings, weekends, holidays.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Friendly attitude in the face of adversity.
- Lives and promotes the culture, values, vision and mission of Smoothie King.
- Adheres to the Smoothie King Handbook and all other Smoothie King polices.
- Personal passion for fitness is a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members, and the community, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (6 to 8 hours).
- Must be able to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.